Tuesday 22 February 2011

Launceston Place

On Saturday 12th February 2011, we had lunch at Launceston Place.  
This restaurant is on our list of restaurants for fantastic lunch. We discovered this restaurant in February 2010 and have returned there many times since. They had an excellent three course set menu for lunch for £22!
To start with, they welcome us with some home made devilled crisps. Then, we were offered a freshly baked loaf of bread with some pickled herrings...the bread is absolutely georgous (probably the best bread I had in a restaurant in London!) and the pickled herrings were very nice too.

We went for the set menu at £22.
My hubby and  I chose the same starter "Duck Egg on Toast, Black Truffle", as I had this starter before and it was absolutely amazing, the duck egg worked so well with the black truffle. Sorry no picture for this dish as I was so much looking forward to eating it, I completely forgot to take a picture!

For Main Course, my hubby chose "Pork fillet roasted with cider wood, hazelnut mash, apple compote". His dish was nice enough but not a wow.

And I chose "Free range chicken cooked au vin, home cured bacon". Not sure whether this dish meant to be a deconstructed Coq au Vin but I much prefer the Traditional Coq au Vin.

Before our desserts were served, they offered us a pre-dessert: something with Lemon which was delicious.



For Dessert, my hubby chose "Treacle Tart, Creme Fraiche Ice Cream". The treacle tart was rather disappointing, the base of the tart was very thick and not crunchy. And the filling itself wasn't a wow either.


I chose "Baked Egg Custard, Rhubard and Crumble". This dessert was an absolutely treat!



At the end of the meal, they offered some kind of petits fours freshly baked with cream. This was also an absolute treat!


 
It was a very enjoyable lunch even if my main course wasn't a wow. We had faultless and memorable lunches at Launceston Place before, so we would definitely go back!

The bill for the two of us came to £61.88 including service. It is not bad at all for a 3 course meal in London with all the freebees!



Launceston Place
1a Launceston Place
London W6 5LR



No comments:

Post a Comment