Thursday 24 February 2011

The Dorchester

Today, I received a very intriguing parcel from The Dorchester! Why would The Dorchester (yes the famous hotel in London) send me a parcel??? Initially, I thought it was some kind of promotional thing but why should I be on their mailing list? I have been there once before but that was years ago when I was a student! So there is no way they could have my name and current address!
So what did the parcel contain? I opened the Jiffy bag which contained an envelope and a very nice box. I took the option to open the box before the envelope! (who would have done the opposite??) When I opened the box, it contained a gift certificate with my name written on it!!! The gift certificate entitles me to "The Promenade Champagne Afternoon Tea for Two". The box contained also a booklet about the Dorchester Hotel and another envelope (different from the one that was outside the box!)...it took me a while to find out who it was from! The mystery was finally unravelled!  It was such a wonderful surprise! A good friend of ours sent us the gift certificate as a wedding present! My hubby and I are very touched by such a sweet and thoughtful gesture!!!
Surprises like that don't happen every day! So when it happens, it puts a BIG SMILE on one's face! :-)
My hubby and I are looking forward to our treat!
Below are some pictures of the box, gift certificate...as it was such a wonderful memory! The pictures of The Promenade Champagne Afternoon Tea for Two will follow at a later stage, once we've been!






The Dorchester
Park Lane
London W1K 1QA




No comments:

Post a Comment