Wednesday 9 March 2011

Le Relais de Venise "L'Entrecote" - The City

Le Relais de Venise "L'Entrecote" serves a unique menu which consists of a green salad with walnuts and an Entrecote steak with its secret famous sauce and French fries.
Being from Bordeaux before moving to London, I knew L'Entrecote well before they opened their restaurants in London. I used to go to L'Entrecote with my family when I lived in Bordeaux and we still make trips there when I visit them! The decor of the restaurants is not the same as in France but the menu is exactly the same.
My hubby and I tend to go once a month. Especially, by presenting the previous bill, we get 20% off the food & drink bill if we return to the restaurant within a month or so. So it is an incentive!
This is what the menu looks like:


The green salad with walnut:
Here in London, they are much less generous with the walnuts than the restaurant in Bordeaux. The walnuts are broken unlike the ones served in Bordeaux. Nevertheless, the taste and quality is the same.

L'entrecote with the famous sauce and French fries:
The steak is tasty and the sauce is delicious! Their French fries are better than the ones served in Bordeaux as they are more crispy.

This is their dessert menu:

I chose Le Vacherin for dessert and my hubby chose Les Profiteroles au Chocolat.

Vacherin du Relais:


Les Profiteroles au Chocolat:

Both desserts are yummy. The chocolate sauce is delicious. Note that the French profiteroles are made with choux filled with vanilla ice cream (and not cream like in the UK).

The bill came around £66 for the two of us including service. It had been sometime since our last visit so we didn't get 20% off our bill this time as the offer had expired a long time ago. .


I look forward to our next visit already!

Le Relais de Venise:
5 Throgmorton Street
London
EC2N 2AD







No comments:

Post a Comment