Thursday 12 January 2012

The Ledbury - November 2011

On Sunday 27th November 2011, we went to The Ledbury for lunch. This was our fourth visit for the year 2011! This shows how much we like this restaurant!
The service and food during our fourth visit were excellent as previous visits! We went for the three course Sunday Lunch menu but we think that next time we should go for the tasting menu as the food is so enjoyable! Since our last visit in May 2011, the 3 course Sunday Lunch Menu went up by £10, it used to be £40 and now it's £50 but it is still worth it.

While looking at the menu, they brought us some Amuse Bouche, followed by some bread.


For starter my hubby ordered: Breast and Leg of Partridge with Chestnuts, Iberian Ham and Chanterelle - this starter was very good, the Partridge was still moiste a it should be.



My starter was Chantilly of Colchester Oysters with a Tartare of Scallop and Oyster, Horseradish and Dill -  this dish was very fresh and yummy.




For main course my hubby ordered: Cheek and Jowl of Pork with Black Pudding, Mustard Fruits and Quince - first the waitress came out with the Jowl of Pork to show us what it looked like. She brought it back to the Kitchen for them to prepare and plate it. This dish was very good and the crackling was just perfect!




My main course was: Feather Blade of Ruby Red Beef Cooked for Eight Hours with Celeriac Baked in Ash, Cepes and Bone Marrow  - My main course was fine but I didn't like it as much as my hubby's main course.


For dessert, my husband ordered A Souffle - The Ledbury do the best Souffle ever! One should almost always go for the Souffle if it's available as it is so yummy!


My dessert was: Pavé of Chocolate with Milk Purée and Lovage Ice Cream - I had this dessert at The Ledbury before and it was very nice so I wanted to order it again!

At the end of the meal, we ordered Fresh Mint tea and coffee. They brought us some petit fours in a little tin box.



Our lunch at The Ledbury was once again very enjoyable! I have already book a table for Lunch for February 2012. The question is: Will we go for the Tasting Menu next time?

The Ledbury
127 Ledbury Road
London W11 2AQ

Tel: 020 7792 9090

No comments:

Post a Comment